Monday, November 20, 2006

One Flu Over the Truffle Nest

It turns out that food poisoning, or the one-day flu, or whatever it was, is the supreme dis-incentive to food blogging. So wrapped as I was in a fetal stance, prostrate on my bed, writing about the culinary wonders of the world did not rise to the Top Ten of my "to do" list. In fact, at one point, it fell below "make funeral arrangements".

Still, with lots of time on my hands, I was fleetingly able to consider the subtle differences between brands of saltines and flavors of gatorade. Nabisco and blue are my favorites respectively. Plus, this month, the Nabisco box has a comforting picture of perky Rachael Ray, giving one hope that there might be a brighter future.

The gastro-tsunami that engulfed Susan, Max and myself cost us an annual truffle dinner at Oliveto and a home cooked Aloo Gobi lunch from my business partner, Arati. But mercifully, the cloud has lifted before Thanksgiving.

Finally, whoever invented my doctor's prescribed BRAT diet, was a sadistic sort. Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast cannot be combined into any palatable concoction. And, don't say Rice Pudding, which to me has always been like eating teeth. My preference would be an Italian version of BRAT, say Bolonese Ragu And Tortellini.

Anyway, have a great week of FOOD AND FAMILY! And be thankful for health.

1 Comments:

Blogger Run B.M.C. said...

TMI! TMI!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home